Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
- Founded on January 10, 1899 at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois.
- 250,000 members as of August 6, 2009.
- 274 active chapters and colonies located throughout the United States and Canada.
- Governed by its Grand Chapter, which meets in biennial Conclaves to elect a Grand Council and revise or amend The Black Book (the International Constitution and Bylaws). The Grand Chapter is primarily made up of undergraduates.
- The Grand Council governs the Fraternity between Conclaves.
- 30 full-time employees on the professional Fraternity Staff. Thousands volunteer as unpaid staff.
- Tau Kappa Epsilon publishes a quarterly magazine titled The Teke.
Services Provided by the Fraternity
- The Offices of the Grand Chapter (International Headquarters), located in Indianapolis, Indiana, produces, collects, maintains and distributes a vast library of resources to chapters and colonies.
- The Regional Servicing Team (paid and unpaid staff) provides visitation and support to chapters and colonies. Over 500 consulting visits are conducted each year.
- The Director of Chapter Development, along with the Regional Servicing Team are dedicated to assisting chapters that want assistance with membership recruitment (fraternity rush).
- The two Assistant Directors of Chapter Services provide specialized service in expansion, interest groups, discipline and finances.
Conferences and Conventions
- Tau Kappa Epsilon holds its Conclave every two years; each collegiate chapter and colony is required to have at least one representative in attendance.
- In the spring, TKE conducts Regional Leadership Conferences. Four are planned for next year.
- The TKE Leadership Academy is a week-long leadership training conference held in the summer.
- The Fraternity conducts four Regional Servicing Team Planning Conferences in late summer.
- Two full-time paid staff members are dedicated to starting colonies. These staff members are on-site for six to eight weeks of the expansion process.
TKE Educational Foundation